Yoga Photo & Videoshoots
by Jodie Louise
Yoga photo & videoshoots are an authentic way to show off your strength and beauty.
Are you a yoga teacher in need of beautiful and professional photos & videos for your personal brand or retreat? Or perhaps you are an avid yogi/yogini, and you want to give yourself the gift of honoring your practice with personal photography & videography?
We will work together to create a vision for your content with the perfect location and time that will best complement your style and asanas.
Throughout the shoot, we will use different landscapes, lighting, and props to make the photos interesting and versatile. I love to shoot on the beach at sunrise, in the forest at dusk, or in the yoga studio.
As I have completed a yoga teacher training and been practicing since I was 12 years old, I can confidently guide you through different postures and movements.
I have a deep passion for yoga, and I’m honored to offer you these yoga photo & videoshoots
What to expect:
- Before your yoga shoot, we will develop an inspirational mood board to brainstorm your vision for your photos. We will select the dream location for you to feel comfortable. See some inspo on my Pinterest here.
- Before the shoot, we will connect with one another through breathing exercises and intention setting. I may also guide you through a meditation to support your nervous system to relax.
- The photo/videoshoot itself is a fun, expressive, and empowering experience. I will guide you through different asanas, poses, and expressions.
- After the shoot, the editing process begins. You will have the opportunity to request any changes you desire until we achieve a result that feels in alignment with your dreams.
- Walk away from this experience with powerful, high-quality photos that reveal your inner yogis style and expression.
Bring with you:
- An open heart
- A selection of your favourite items of clothing and accessories
- Any props you desire to weave into your photos – yoga mat, blocks, towel, strap, etc.
- Something to drink – stay hydrated!
- A sarong to cover you when changing and to lay down
- Comfortable footwear in case we need to walk to multiple locations
Never had a photo or videoshoot before?
If you have never been in front of the camera before, don’t worry!
I will guide you to feel safe and confident, and direct you through different poses, movements and expressions. Together, we will create an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling empowered, confident, strong, and beautiful!
How to prepare:
A few tips to get the most out of this experience:
- Have a good sleep to look fresh, rested, and in shape for the shoot
- Practice your postures in front of a mirror or ask a friend to take a few photos on your phone. This helps you see how you look and you can even share these with me.
- Take some time to warm up and stretch before we meet for our shoot. This will ensure you are ready to show off your best asanas
- Bring a few of your favorite pieces of yoga attire, decide if you want to use jewelry, scarves, a yoga mat or rug, and how best to style your hair
- Bring a couple of changes of clothes to make your photos more dynamic
- Ensure you consider the colours that best represent your brand or desired look. I’m also happy to help you develop a colour palette for your brand and social media
“Yoga is so much more than just touching your toes; it’s about how you arrive there”
Jodie came into my life as a photographer for my retreats but as soon as she showed up I knew she was to be a huge ally. Not only is she a talented artist but complete energetic support, intuitive listener, compassionate space holder and not to mention my go to for health and detox support (I’ll get there Jodie). Jodie is in my team for life. We have worked together in bali, ibiza and Egypt and honestly I would love have her with me for all of my work as she is such a dream to flow with. She is the best of the best in all ways
When I receive her photos my reaction is always 'Wauw, is this me?'. It's interesting to witness how sometimes the perception I have of myself is not the same what others have. So these shoots are quite deep healing processes. Thank you Jodie for your quality of seeing me and to capture my beautiful essence. Thank you for laughing with me, feeling me at ease and to encourage me to let myself been shown.
I hired Jodie to do a photo shoot for me that would capture my sensuality and feminine emotions. I am usually not easily impressed but I was this time. Not only did Jodie capture my ever changing shakti expressions, her creativity, guidance, and warmth created a safe space for me to fully open up to the experience. I am very pleased with Jodie’s work!
Simply put; Jodie is magical! ✨During the photoshoot she had an ability to make me relax and not feel awkward in front of the camera. I felt safe with her. She was present before, during and after the shoot and her photos definitely show that. She captured my soul on the photos she took of me. She is pure magic and I am forever grateful ???
Jodie is an amazing photographer that knows how to capture authenticity, beauty, joy and fun!!! I did a group photoshoot with her and she showed a lot of patience, she had great suggestions for poses and made everyone feel special. I had a lot of pleasure during the shoot and later seeing the pics and remembering those moments!
Jodie has such an energy about her that makes you feel safe and confident within your skin. Ive worked with her many times because she knows how to capture authentic beauty & provides a comfortable environment during her shoots. She understands what one is seeking out of photos, almost as if she can see your vision through her own eyes.
Jodie is a super skilled photographer. She has an amazing eye for light and settings. She also is incredible at making you feel safe and relaxed in front of the camera. I had so much fun doing the shoot with Jodie and I felt so radiant and empowered in my femininity and beauty! Thank you Jodie for doing this work, such a gift for every woman that gets the chance to stand in front of your camera ❤️
Book a Yoga Shoot With Me
Let’s capture your beautiful and sacred soul.
I am currently based in Bali, however as a traveling nomad, I spend the rest of my time between Ibiza and Australia. I’ve also done photoshoots in the UK, Costa Rica, Spain, Portugal, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Egypt, but I’d love to organize photoshoots in other locations too!
I’d be honoured to be your yoga photographer, together, we’ll create a safe space for you to shine.