Healthy Alternatives to Coffee
I used to drink 6 cups a day..
Too much caffeine can cause digestive issues, insomnia, anxiety, weight gain, high blood pressure and headaches.
Even though I don’t drink it anymore, it’s still hard to resist the smell of a freshly brewed coffee – I get it!
That’s why I’ve found the best healthy alternatives to coffee, which can provide you all the energy you need to face the day without feeling the side effects of caffeine.
Delicious coffee alternatives to try
Dandelion ‘Coffee’ is my all time favourite. Not only does it help bust coffee cravings but its great for detoxing the body too!
You can also make delicious superfood elixirs with the following mushroom powders. I love these mushrooms as they are adaptogens which support the body to adapt to stress by supporting the adrenals. The exact opposite to coffee!
The below are also great additions…
Continue reading for a yummy recipe!
Caffeine free elixir recipe
This delicious hot or cold drink is a great alternative to coffee, plus its packed full of goodness to support gut health, sleep and energy levels.
- Coconut water
- Carob powder
- Adaptogen powders of choice (ashwagandha powder, reishi, cordyceps, lions mane or Chaga mushroom, or astralagus)
- Optional spices like cardamom, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon
- Honey, or maple syrup, coconut nectar or blended date, with water to taste
*Please note there are no quantities, do it to taste and have fun!
- In a blender combine all the ingredients until smooth
- You can enjoy it hot or cold: if hot, heat the coconut water in a small saucepan on low heat – note: don’t boil it!
- Pour into a mug and garnish with cinnamon or carob powder
If you are not detoxing you could do the following:
- Swap carob for cacao and top with cacao nibs… YUM!
- Add some orange or peppermint essential oil
- Use coconut water instead of milk
Say goodbye to caffeine!
Quitting caffeine can be hard as so many people develop a dependence on it.
In my Free Detox Group Program, I’ll gently guide to say goodbye to caffeine avoiding the side-effects of withdrawal.
Detoxing from coffee doesn’t have to be uncomfortable.
The benefits of living caffeine-free
- Better sleep
- Healthier and whiter teeth
- Clearer skin
- Lower blood pressure
- Less anxiety and stress
- Improved digestion
- More efficient absorption of iron, calcium, and B vitamins.
Join my Free Detox Program
I created this group program as I feel we all need to detox now more than ever! When you cleanse your body you feel clearer, more joyful, and energized, which is essential to boost the immune system.
Experience videos and posts with the main focus being on detoxing your body, but I’ll also give you insights and tips on how to detox your life too!
The group is created for all levels of health, with plenty of options for different stages of detox.
I encourage you to listen to your intuition and do what feels in resonance for you.
Knowing where to start can sometimes feel overwhelming, but don’t worry, I’ll be with you every step of the way! I will give you the support I wish I had on my journey.